I saw a picture of these before grocery shopping and knew I just had to make them right away. I haven’t had these in forever and they remind me of my childhood. They are soooo simple to make. Even better, the recipe is right on the back of the Hershey’s Kisses holiday bags. But you can find it here, too!
Peanut Butter Blossoms with Hershey’s Kisses
Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates
1/2 cup Shortening
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
Extra Granulated Sugar
Makes around 2 dozen cookies.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and unwrap about 30 Hershey’s Kisses.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add granulated sugar and packed brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; then gradually beat in to the peanut butter mixture.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the extra granulated sugar and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Immediately press a Hershey’s kiss into the center of the cookies.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Share & enjoy!